Have you ever thought of just throwing in the towel, quitting the daily grind and jumping on a plane with a round-the-world ticket? The big thing that stops many people is money. But what if you could get income from renting out your home, without having to work?
Airbnb is becoming a popular source of income for many home owners while they follow other paths, live or travel abroad. But what are the main benefits?
You can generate passive income
Becoming an Airbnb host means you can accrue a larger income overall than just letting your property. By charging per night, the bookings may fluctuate but hosts can still make more cash if they know how to manage and promote their home properly. The key is, it must be managed properly to maximise revenue.#Airbnb hosts can accrue a larger income overall than just letting out the property. Click To Tweet
Time is luxury: more time for you
Opting to be an Airbnb host can provide an income that helps the provider free time up to travel, be involved in other ventures or follow other lifestyle pursuits; so it’s no wonder that it is trending. Being a host means more quality time and leisure plans.
Airbnb ‘Experiences’ offers another income strand
Airbnb has also created its new Experiences platform. But what is it? At the same time as being a general Airbnb host, Airbnb Experience hosts help travelers get to know a destination at a deeper level through authentic local experiences. If you have a love for yoga, you can increase your Airbnb income by signing up as an Experiences host and start to engage your guests by offering a yoga retreat. If you love baking, you could whip up a little something sweet for your guests to welcome them, or you could start baking classes for your guests, offering an insight into local food culture – a huge part of the travel experience. This all adds to the overall Airbnb journey, your profile and income.
- Greater flexibility – more time for family, more time for yourself
- The ability to try new things and experiences – dedicate some time to taking enrichment classes, language lessons or other vocational stuff that you’ve been putting off
- Meet new people – entertaining different guests or making friends through your classes and workshops are the best ways to get to know people who share the same interests
- Diversify your income and earn more – this could be possible for some but depends on what kinds of full-time passion projects or activities you are involved in
- Love what you do (the most important thing point) – you are able to get into something that allows you to be more involved in things that you are truly passionate about and believe in
You don’t have to do the hard work
If a host is time-starved it is hard to balance managing a property and being an Experiences host. GuestReady can step in to help take the hassle out of hosting for a small fee. This means there’s more time for yourself, and truly connecting with your guests.